I faltered at times as I was ad-libbing my script, because if i wrote it out I felt that it would be too scripted, and not show my own feeling when the images came up onto the screen. However, this made me forget some pieces of information, so I should have written down some points to remind me of key parts I was going to show and talk about.
In a way, I couldn't express my point enough, as each image related back to the point, and I'd end up going in circles in my presentation.
There were some technical difficulties such as Youtube not loading my link quickly, so I couldnt show the topic that I was prepared to show in regards to arguing that skin is meant for tattooing: from "Argumental" on Dave –
from 5:25 minutes onwards.
I also forgot to mention the laws on photographing people at a social event as I am hoping to photograph at Tattoo Freeze Tattoo Convention in Telford next January. I have also e-mailed the PR sector of the event to question whether I need a pass to photograph at the event.
I could have broadened my talk, developing my ideas further for the shots I would like to take and also my inspirations and the social aspect around tattoos.
Libby's Presentation.
I thought Libby's presentation was really well thought out as she knew what angles she would take the shots from and she thought about current cultural traditions that we seem to have abandoned.
It's also a very current event with the 'Torchlight Weekend' as her main focus.
She will photograph the event to show us what it's like and what we're missing out on if we're not able to attend such events.

No comments:
Post a Comment