Tuesday, 8 December 2009

Influences for my proposal

I was really influenced by Craig Burton and Lani Lee, as well as Christopher Nolan's Batman movies.

http://www.craigburtonphotography.com/
http://www.lanileephotography.com/

Christopher Nolan Interview On Dark Knight:

I looked at Christopher Nolan's work after watching the Dark Knight and relating the colour use and darkness to old school flash tattoos.





Craig Burton
His work really inspires me as his work and career is exactly how I want my career to turn out.
He has become one of the most well-known photographers around the metal and hardcore music scene in London. His main area of work is based around the music scene, but he also works a lot in the tattoo and fashion industries, shooting for every major tattoo publication and several fashion magazines.
He also specialises in portraits, which I'm very interested in myself.
He really creates an edgy, rough, almost un-kept scene in some of his photos which I prefer as a style of photographing, because I don't like things to become too neat and posed.

I've found it difficult to connect the music, tattoo, fashion and photography scene as I am very interested in all of those media fields: being in a band, going to gigs. Photographing events like that is what I'm passionate about.




Lani Lee
Her work is very fresh, brash and clean cut. I can use this to relate to my portrait work I may produce while at the convention or in my own time, using lighting as a main feature to allow the tattoos to stand out against the bright white background, then edit it in grayscale.

I prefer photographing in grayscale as I feel it's more raw and less personal, as colour animates a scene, and can take away any emotion. Grayscale gives the photograph a clean palette and opinion for you to form your own ideas upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment