Tuesday, 15 September 2009

Induction Blog Entry

Why have you chosen to come to college to do the Creative & Media Course?
I came to college to study this course because as of yet I had no specific idea of what path I would like to take career wise. I have always been interested in media and music, fashion and photography so looking at the criteria in this course I knew that it was the best course for me, to find out my best points and to pursue them further when my course has finished. The work experience also attracted me to this course, working in the industry for a few days to experience what it would be like to work in the media world.
The course is very hands on which I liked as I find that I learn better and take things on board more easily when I learn in that way.

What do you aim to achieve during your time on the course?
I hope to gain more knowledge of the industry while on this course, and to gain more skills in certain areas such as music production and enhancing my creative ideas by putting them into practice in group tasks. I hope this course will also give me more confidence in dealing with new people, prospective clients and abilities in Photoshop as well as technical issues involving the computers.

What are your career ambitions for the future?
In the future, my vague idea of a career for myself would to be a photojournalist. After seeing the works of Don McCullin at the Media Museum, I realised I could combine photography and my English skills into a job that I would enjoy. I have always loved art and creative hobbies but have always struggled to find a career where I would be content in what I do, as I love many different things it was hard for me to chose a direct career path. But with this course I can take all the skills I have learnt and hopefully go on to higher education to become a photojournalist.

In a perfect world where would you be and what would you be doing in ten years time?
In ten years time, I would hope to be in a safe career with work constantly coming in. I would be travelling around the world photographing and writing about experiences or events that have happened. I would hope to be engaged or married, and to be able to fit it around my work load and organise my time between family and work. I would still like to be in my band if it takes off, however I may have to chose between whats best for my career and whats best for my lifestyle and happiness.
I would like to be living in a spacious apartment or small house, designed by myself, and have a car that can get me from A-Z.

What are your strongest skills or abilities?
From my GCSE results i can see that i am good at English and i have a creative nature. As a person, I am strong, brave, loyal and honest.
I'm a good person to trust and rely on and I can think well on my feet.

What do you think you need to improve on?
I could improve on my confidence, to approach new people and to become more self aware and less shy. I could also improve my organisation skills; a clean room equals a clean mind, this way i can focus on my studies and create an neutral environment for myself to work in.
I need to improve my activities, for example doing more outside my comfort zone. I have applied to become a Student Ambassador and hope to apply for more roles throughout my time at college.

What do you think is important for working well in a team?
Trust, co-operation and confidence are important for working well in a team. If you trust someone you have faith that they will input into the task given as much as you do. If you co-operate you get the job done more quickly and more effectively and if you have confidence you can speak out if you believe an idea could be altered to make the pitch or idea better.

What are you most excited about achieving in the next two years?
I am excited about gaining skills I never had before I enrolled on this course. I am looking forward to getting stuck into my studies and essays and completing work with everything I've got. I want to make a good impression on this college and to represent this college through my results. I want to complete this course knowing that I gave it my all in a course that I thoroughly enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment